Availability: In stock
Our Radar Sconce was inspired by a light originally used on an industrial parts washer. Utilitarian simplicity; we loved it. When sourcing parts, we stumbled upon a 1970s stamped electrical box from one of our East Coast vendors that had the vintage tooling but hadn’t used in decades. We crushed hard on all the stamped details, including a cross, risk-of-fire warning, and wattage rating on the canopy box face. Functional communication incorporated into the design is what makes many vintage designs so rad. The perforated guard matches the original industrial parts washer diffuser, but we developed a clever way to attach it using magnets so that the thumbscrews don’t scratch the paint. This fixture is practical, colorful and flexible—a beautiful and simple example of American industrial lighting.
- Clear coated steel canopy box, chrome arm and socket, painted steel shade and perforated steel diffuser
- Overall height with arm fully extended: 22"
- Overall height with arm bent at 90 degrees: 12"
- Overall depth with arm bent at 90 degrees: 15"
- Also available in a plug-in version with twisted cloth cord including in-line rocker switch and plug
- Watch a video about our Radar Sconce