Accounting Specialist - PDX
At Schoolhouse Electric and Supply Co. (SECO) we’re designers, makers, and creative thinkers, and since 2003 we have handcrafted custom lighting and lifestyle products that transcend time and trend. Just as important as the products we make are the people we work with. They are at the heart of everything we do. We’re always looking for hard working, innovative people to join the Schoolhouse team.
Supports Schoolhouse Electric by performing daily tasks and processing of accounting transactions to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Records all incoming payments and communicates payments received as needed.
- Reconciles payments received to daily bank deposits
- Prepares bank reconciliation
- Reviews invoices for accuracy
- Matches payments to invoices
- Identifies errors and discrepancies and works with various areas involved to resolve them
- Quickly learn and maintain existing Quality Control process regarding sales orders, payments, invoices, and shipping
- Develop method of tracking errors and reporting to appropriate managers
- Cross trains and backs-up other accounting department functions as assigned
- Assists with special projects as assigned
- Open mail, general filing, running errands as needed, other duties as assigned
- Teamwork – Be trustworthy, treat others with respect, help others learn, ask for help and don’t toss blame – we are all in this together.
- Communication – Be timely in relaying information or getting answers
- Change – Be nimble, never cynical. Embrace constant change.
- Judgement – Make sure to include the right people in the right conversations. Know the system before changing the system.
- Time Management – Be at work when you are at work. Use your time wisely and efficiently
- Skills – Always look for ways to grow and improve. Share your knowledge freely and empower others.
- Innovation – Continually review systems suggesting ways and tools to improve.
- Self-Review – Be 1% better every day.
- Excellent math skills including ability to perform computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch.
- Previous ERP experience a plus, SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to organize and manage own work.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self- starter
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum one year previous accounting work experience.
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
Standard office environment with frequent computer usage.
To apply for this position please submit a resume along with a cover letter highlighting why you're the best person for the job to email@example.com.
Please do not apply in person, and please no phone calls.