Part-Time Sales Associate - NYC
Our Store Sales Associates are the face of the Schoolhouse brand. They connect our products to our customers through hospitality, knowledge, and action. They are confident, friendly, and intent on creating positive, easy, and helpful experiences. Part-time Sales Associates who work 20+ hours a week are eligible for benefits after 60 days and paid time off after 90 days.
The essential responsibilities include:
- Maintain a customer facing presence that is positive, helpful, and inviting
- Develop and continue to build knowledge of all our products, policies, and services
- Be a problem-solver, seeking opportunities to help everyone who enters Schoolhouse
- Understand and embody the Schoolhouse brand in your appearance and service
- Accurately process sales, change orders, exchanges, or returns
- Efficiently use Microsoft Office programs, website, and payment authorization systems
- Optimistically perform all duties as assigned
- Learn and execute the daily required tasks
- Keep displays fresh, clean, and well-stocked
- Learn and execute the Schoolhouse brand of Visual Merchandising
- Regularly refresh the store floor
- Shipping and receiving of goods
- Quickly report any inventory or other supply needs
- Participate in regular one-on-one, staff training meetings and inventories as scheduled
- Light maintenance and other duties & activities as assigned. This job description is not to be considered all-inclusive
As a qualified candidate you will:
- Be positive, empathetic, honorable, and self-aware
- Be dependable, on-time, and able to work within agreed scheduling needs for the store
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Possess 2+ years working in a retail environment.
- Be available to work Tuesday through Saturday
- Be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to move easily and safely up and down ladders and
- Be able to be on your feet 8+ hours per day
- Knowledge of SAP a plus!
Please only apply to this position if you are available to work 24-32 hours a week. Weekends are required!
To apply for this position please submit a resume along with a cover letter highlighting why you're the best person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not apply in person, and please no phone calls.