Gates (Promise) by Ben Cowan
Technique, depth, color and architecture intermix in this visually stunning collection focusing on neighborhood familiarities in Brooklyn, New York. Gates (Promise) is one of three original paintings in our exclusive Schoolhouse Art Studio series by Ben Cowan.
Dimensions: 23.75" W x 1.75"D x 30" H
Product material: Canvas Stretched on Panel / Oil + Acrylic Paint
Product origin: Brooklyn, NY
Return notes: Original art pieces are final sale items and cannot be returned. If you have questions, our customer support team may be reached by email at CustomerSupport@schoolhouseelectric.com or by phone at 1-800-630-7113.
Weight: 11.0 lb
Flat Rate Shipping: This product qualifies for a flat $15 shipping rate. Each original painting is packed and shipped with efficiency and the painting’s safety in mind.
- Paintings will arrive hang-ready with included eye screws and picture wire attached.
- Hang from appropriately sized, sturdy hardware driven into a wall stud for stability.
- Wall anchors or mounting brackets are recommended for heavy paintings.
- To avoid damage to the painting when moving, handle with care and clean, dry hands.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight as well as extreme heat, cold or humidity.
- Paintings may be cleaned with a soft, dry cloth or natural-hair artists’ brush.
- When in doubt, contact a professional art conservator.
My paintings feature familiar Brooklyn sights cropped, collaged and simplified in order to capture a concentrated experience that refers to the interpersonal and supernatural. Wrought iron gates and architecture are the background to every glance of Brooklyn’s surroundings. By pairing the open invitation of domestic architecture and firm boundaries of decorative gates, the paintings deliver a sense of promise and denial. A deep space is implied but the depth is fragile. Color, sensuous surface, and familiar foliage entice; but, still a longing remains.