Inspired by a light originally used on an industrial parts washer, the Radar Sconce embodies utilitarian simplicity. We stumbled upon a 1970's stamped electrical box from one of our East Coast vendors and resurrected vintage tooling that had gone unused for decades. By holding on to the original part's stamped details including a cross cutout, risk-of-fire warning, and wattage rating on the canopy box face, we've given an affectionate nod to the incorporation of functional communication so typical of vintage, industrial fixtures. This fixture is practical, colorful and flexible - a beautiful and simple example of American industrial lighting.
Handcrafted and custom built in our Portland, Ore. factory to exacting specifications. A Schoolhouse Electric Original.
- Clear coated steel canopy box, chrome arm and socket, painted steel shade and perforated steel diffuser.
- Included perforated diffuser attaches to the shade using magnets to prevent the thumbscrews from scratching the painted shade.
- Overall height with arm fully extended: 22"
- Overall height with arm bent at 90 degrees: 12"
- Overall depth with arm bent at 90 degrees: 15"
- Cord and plug allows use on wall without electrical junction box.
- Includes 8' twisted cloth cord and a Bakelite plug.
- Also available in a plug-in version with twisted cloth cord including in-line rocker switch and plug
- Watch a video about our Radar Sconce